UPDATE: It seems that Facebook has changed this. You can no longer create a Facebook account without a personal profile. However, you can still make your “New” (hint hint) profile completely private and essentially invisible through privacy settings.
You followed Facebook’s original rules and used your personal account to set up a Facebook page for your business. Now you want to create an Admin account just for your page that is separate from your personal Facebook page. There are a number of reasons you may want to do this such as:
- Your selling your business and want to transfer the page to the new owner.
- You want to give access to employees who don’t have personal Facebook accounts.
- You want to be able to use your personal account to interact with pages you manage without worrying about changing to your personal profile first.
Whatever your reason, this can be done.
- Follow the steps you would normally use to create a new page without a personal Facebook account.
- Check your email and activate the new account.
- Log out of the new account and log into the account you are currently using as admin for your page.
- From the Admin Panel for your page select “Edit Page–>Admin Roles“.
- From the “Admin Roles” page, enter the email address for the new admin account and hit “Save“.
- A pop up should appear asking you to enter your password. Enter the password for the account you are currently in.
- You should now see the new account listed as an admin.
- Log out of your personal account and log into the new admin account which should now show the admin for the page.
- If you manage multiple pages repeat steps 4, 5 & 6 (before logging out of your personal account) for each page you want managed in the new account.
For more thorough instruction and tips on using facebook to market your business,contact Ed Booth.